Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
There’s two times per year where I feel like couples pull closer together – Valentine’s Day and Christmas-time. But I also feel as if we get thrown into the same routine of the same dates over and over again. We become very comfortable and the relationship can end up getting dried out. I too, have entered the drought and I want to put a stop to that!!
It is important for you to try new things and make memories with your partner. That is why I have come up with twelve date ideas for you and your partner to try out this holiday season. And I hope that this helps you get back into a happy and healthy relationship. Without further ado…
12 December Date Ideas
1. Drive around looking at Christmas Lights with some hot chocolate.
2. Go to a Christmas tree farm and pick one out together!
3. Go Ice Skating!
4. Bake together – cookies, pies, anything!
5. Spend the day decorating the tree / your house.
6. Pick a day to create your best ugly sweaters together.
7. Pick 2 or more locations and try their hot chocolate. Become a critic and see which one is the best!
8. Volunteer somewhere together.
9. Pick a song and do your best Christmas caroling.
10. Browse through Pinterest and try to recreate the best present wrappings you see. (Bonus points to whoever gets theirs looking closest to the inspiration.)
11. Host an impromptu Christmas Party.
12. Have a Christmas Movie Marathon (Bonus points if you build a fort first.)
Do you and your significant like to do something I missed?? Share it in the comments, since I’m always looking for more ideas. (Especially if it involves getting out of the house!)
Christmas time is about pulling your loved ones closer – so make sure to pull them under the mistletoe! 😉
Thanks for reading!