“The greatness of a nation and it’s moral progress can be judged by the way it’s animals are treated.” ~Ghandi
When you wake up today, look over at your furry companions and appreciate them! In honor of World Animal Day 2017, I’ll be talking about numerous things including reviews of vegan brands.
As some of you may know, I’ve been going through my makeup and throwing out anything that isn’t cruelty-free AND vegan friendly.
What’s the difference between Cruelty-Free and Vegan-Friendly?
Well, cruelty-free means that the company does not test on animals. Vegan means that the company doesn’t test on animals and they don’t use any ingredients derived from animals. This means beeswax, some dyes (that derive from crushed bugs), and much more.
I’ve been composing a list of my favorite make-up and skin care products that are both Cruelty Free and Vegan. Here are my top 3:
- Tarte. Tarte is a completely Cruelty-Free brand. However, they do have a Vegan Friendly page listed on their site which lists their products that are in fact vegan.
- Urban Decay. Urban Decay is the same as Tarte. Cruelty-Free with a Vegan Friendly page!
- Kat Von D. This rockin chick offers a good selection of Vegan products. I am unsure if the rest of her products are cruelty-free but I will be looking into it.
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel : 5/5 Stars
I acquired a small sample of this face wash through Ipsy, and upon deciding all of my products will be vegan, I gave it a go.
Trial Run: First off, this sample last almost two weeks. Keep in mind it was very very small. That’s perk number one.
The Deep Dive Cleansing Gel left my face feeling great! I have both dry and oily skin so finding a product that fits me is like finding the gold at the end of a rainbow.
Pros vs Cons
Pro. It did not irritate my nose ring. My piercing is fairly new so finding a face wash that doesn’t irritate it is a big deal.
Pro. One pump goes a long way. Although the bottle is $25, I know it will last me a long time because I use about 3/4 of a pump for my face.
Con. Tarte did not supply me with tracking information. Yes, this is the only con I have and it’s really not that big of a deal.
Pro. It left my face feeling moisturized but not oily.
I could go on with more pros, but this blog post would end up anciently long.
Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chik’n: 5/5 Stars (Click me for a tasty photo.)
Trying new Vegan foods is one of the best parts of my day. While I may not be going Veggie until 2018, I still want to get a chance to figure out what I do and don’t like. I purchased a bag of this Vegan Orange Chik’n from my local grocery store.
It’s really simple to make and it tastes great! I paired it with Broccoli and Brown Rice. Yum Yum!
The bag comes with this Orange Sauce, and if you add the broccoli to the pan after steaming it, the broccoli with really soak up all the yummy goodness flavor. Even my best friend loved it! (He’s big on eating meat.) And he keeps asking me when I’ll make it again.
If you need a quick and easy vegan meal for the family, or just for yourself, I definitely recommend this brand and dish.
While we’re on the food topic, I want to share my favorite vegan blogs that supply amazing recipes! Here are my top 2:
- The Crumby Vegan. Zoe is one of the nicest vegans I’ve ever met. If you’re thinking of transitioning, please give her page a visit. She’s not judgmental in any way and her page gives off amazing tips and recipes.
- OhSheGlows. I found some great recipes on this site and her recipe for a Matcha Latte is the bees knees!
World Animals Day should be about protecting the animals all around us! Take the pledge to get rid of one animal product in your life today! Whether it’s a lipstick or a food item, one item will help animals all around to stop being abused and neglected. Join me in the comments and list one thing you’ll get rid of on this day of 2017! And share with my the photos of your fur babies.
What other things can you do to help out animals around the world?
- Donate to PETA to help fund them while they save animals in Puerto Rico. PETA needs your help! Puerto Rico is under water from getting hit in the hurricanes. Click HERE to donate to this organization.
- Take a moment of your time to call 979-845-7514 to voice your opinion! Right now, the dogs at Texas A&M University are being experimented on! That is sick! Call the CEO of The Association of Former Students, Porter Garner and urge him to stop these experiments and stop breeding these dogs.
- Try a vegan dish for dinner tonight! Saving animals isn’t always about money. Put a face to your food and skip the steak and bacon tonight.
These are just a couple ways you can help today!
Don’t forget to give your pet(s) all of the necessary love and attention today! Happy World Animal Day 2017!