Hello all, sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. To be completely honest, I really didn’t have any food related content to share! Today will be my first ever Saturday post of 2018! From what you pay have previously read, Saturday topics will vary. Today, I’m going to fulfil my responsibilities as a nominee! Yes, I’ve been nominated for another award. This one is called the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I want to thank Cameron from First Time Dadventure for nominating me! Kindly go and check out his blog. I am so thankful for this nomination.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
The rules are:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Cameron asked some really great yet tricky question that I love and will answer them now!
1. What inspired you to start your blogging journey?
I love writing so much. I’ve been writing ever since I knew how to. My passion for writing inspired me to start blogging because I want to share things with other people and lean things from them as well.
2. What is your goal / next milestone for your blog?
My current goal is to achieve 1.000 views in one month. I’m a small blog right now so that seems like a huge step. I also want to upgrade my blog and start an email list very soon.
3. What’s the most frequent question people ask you about your blog?
The most frequent question is what my niche is. To that, I’m not sure. I guess you would label me as a lifestyle blogger because I have a variety of topics on the blog.
4. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
I used to be a photographer and I’d love to get back into that when I have some money for a camera. I also really like crafting with resin and silicone but its very costly and time consuming.
5. Why did you decide to do the work you do now?
Right now I’m writing a novel, which to me is my job. I’ve always wanted to be an author so there was really no questions about it. I didn’t decide to do it, I just do it.
6. Who inspires you to be better?
Every day is usually someone different. One day it could be someone I know, like my boyfriend. And another day it could be someone famous like Stevie Wonder or J.K. Rowling.
7. What’s the title of the current chapter of your life?
If my life were a novel, the title of the current chapter would be New City Hardships.
8. How does your blog influence your daily routine?
It definitely has to do with whether or not I keep a schedule. I always have to manage my time better when I know I need to write a blog post.
9. How has blogging changed your life overall?
It definitely keeps me more busy, which I love.
10. If you could go back in time, what is the one thing you would do differently when it comes to your blog?
I would definitely have started out with WordPress that first time around. I didn’t stick to my gut and ended up getting screwed over by iPage.
11. What’s the most valuable piece of advice you can give to other bloggers / potential blog starters?
Write with you heart. Don’t choose a niche just because it’s more popular than another. If there’s no heart in your writing then there’s no point.
- Sandra from the Charmed Crown Blog
- Molly from MollyAnnAlexander
- Alma from Field Trip Mom
- Vineeta from TraBeauLi
- Javier and Briana from A Dash of Life
- Tiya from A Study In Skaarlet
- Peggy from Adventure Farther
- Cassidy from Cassidy’s Adventures
Questions For My Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What do you want to get out of bogging? (What are you hoping to accomplish?)
- When did you start blogging?
- What is one of your New Years Resolutions?
- What is your favorite hobby other than blogging?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
- What are three things on your bucket list?
- What is one of your biggest fears?
- As of right now, what is your greatest accomplishment?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
Congrats to all the nominees thus far! To my nominees, don’t forget to include a logo in your own. You can find one or make your own like I did. Here are some logos to choose from.
I hope you enjoyed this short nomination post! I’ll see you on Monday!