Another Monday, another bullet journal spread. This week is a funny one because it kind of like a split month. Today starts Week Five of 2018 and the more I think about that, the crazy it seems. Just thinking about how fast the year is going by reminds me of how much I’m trying to accomplish this year and how little has gotten done so far.
One of my goals for this year is to be more organized. I started a bullet journal on the first of January to try and aid towards that; I have loved it ever since.
I love Pinterest because it gives me so many great and accomplishable ideas. Because this is my first bullet journal, I go searching for easy spreads that look neat and give me the space I need. I came across a cute February spread and decided to try and replicate it. Listen, I’m no artist, but I do think it came out semi-decent. For anyone who loves bullet journaling and looking at different ideas, I encourage you to follow my Bujo Board where I re-pin ideas daily!
February is very associated with love, so that’s how I wanted to represent my spreads. So far, I’ve used a lot of pink and red shades to create a clean and adorable page.
Drawing lines is very hard for me. Even with a ruler, straight lines turn squiggly or crooked. It’s very agitating to say the least. With every monthly calendar, I individually draw all of the boxes with a pencil and then go over it with my color of choice. It’s very time consuming. I also tend to do all my cursive in pencil and go over it with pen, too. I’m definitely not good at all of that fancy lettering.
This month, I have some easy and some hard goals. As we come to a close in January, Trey and I have walked about 24.5 miles together; although my goal was only 12 miles. I’d say we did fairly decent! My goal for February is 25 miles. I’m hoping this will be semi-easy because Trey and I like to do a walk and talk sort of deal.
My other February goals are:
- Work on my novel: I didn’t make it very specific because of things like writer’s block and overall just having an inactive imagination sometimes.
- Keep up with my blog schedule: There’s been a few times this month that I didn’t update on a scheduled day I want to work on planning topics and scheduling writings and postings.
- Read 3-4 books: Last month, my goal was to read three books, which I did not accomplish. I did read two greats books though!
- 500 Followers of Instagram: In the photo above, you don’t see this goal listed. That’s because I took the photo before I wrote down this goal. Right now, I have roughly 440 followers. I would like to have 500 before the end of the month.
My January Reads
- “Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer” by John Grisham
- “Looking for Alaska” by John Green
I definitely want to go through my books and pick out the ones I want to read this month.
Yes, I did use a Valentine’s Day teddy bear that I bought Trey last year to help make this photo look cute. I found this simple spread on Pinterest that was created using a grey instead of a pink. I added a weekly habit tracker to the spread and I really like how it turned out. As you can see, the goals have not been filled out in this photo and to be honest, I still have written any down. However, I did fill out things for my habit tracker.
My Habit Tracker Activities
- Taking my vitamins: yes, I still need a reminder for this. Sometimes I think I should set a reminder on my phone.
- No takeout. Eating vegan has made not having takeout a whole lot easier.
- No soda: I started out the year not drinking soda, but soon broke that. I instantly regretted it when I could literally feel my stomach expanding with carbonation. If you’ve never had that happen to you, I’ll sum it up: it’s painful!!
- 15 minutes of cleaning: This has been surprisingly easy. Lately, we have been taking a few minutes every day to declutter things. Over the weekend, we cleaned out the deep freezer.
- 6 cups (or more) of water: Drinking water is really hard for me because it’s so plain. I am working on it though!
- Reading: As previously mentioned, my goal this month is to read three or four books. We’ve been having a lot of raining days and I love to take advantage of the weather by staying in my jammies and reading.
- Walking/Running: Trey and I have been walking a lot so I’m excited to see how many times we walk this week.
- Workout: Besides walking, I do want to start working out again.
That’s all I have for my habit tracker, but I really do want to keep track of these things. I also put a simple key (or legend) at the bottom of the tracker. A pink, colored in box, for if it’s done. And a box with an “x” through it if it’s not. Simple, yet effective.
So, I wanted to take away from my bullet journaling to share some bullet journalers (…is that a word?) that I really enjoy on Instagram! Everyone needs some inspiration once in a while or just some plain out aesthetically pleasing photos. If you’re one of these people, then I encourage you to check out some or all of these accounts. No, I am not working with anyone on this post, I just flat out enjoy these people’s content and wanted to spread the love! Click the names and check out their pages!
Number One: @bujobird
Number Two: @jihielephant
Number Three: @blueteabujo
Number Four: @bujo.auslife
Number Five: @bujoinspire
Number Six: @bujobeauties
Number Seven: @bujowithbecky
Number Eight: @bujoberry
Number Nine: @bujojane
Number Ten: @ened.bujo
All of these are great bullet journaling Instagram pages that I love so far and I’m sure there’s sooooo many more out there that I haven’t even found yet. You should seriously go check out these pages!
I hope you enjoyed my short bullet journal post for today!