After contemplating whether or not people might enjoy a beauty topic discussion, I decided to go through with it. You may have read last week’s Let’s Talk Beauty – Tarte’s New Shape Tape Foundation , but if you haven’t, I encourage you to join the conversation! Todays topic is on turmeric and it’s beauty benefits, so I’ll jump right in!
Turmeric is a probably one of the most important spices among Indian dishes. Also called haldi in Hindi. It’s also the most studied herbs among science.
Most people have heard of all the healing properties of ingesting turmeric. In fact, in the past week, I have seen turmeric mentioned all over Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram in a numerous amount of recipes, shots; and more. But I’m surprised people aren’t talking about the beauty aspect of it. So I did some digging.
I looked through Pinterest for some ideas and luckily found a good list of turmeric face masks to try according to skin type. I decided to side pass the other masks and go with one for brightening your facial features and curing acne and acne scarring; and the ingredients were simple enough.
What You’ll Need
- 1 table-spoon of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tea-spoon of Turmeric
- Put a tablespoon of Coconut Oil into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds.
- Take your bowl out of the microwave and add 1/2 of a teaspoon of Turmeric into the bowl.
- Gently mix until turmeric combines with the coconut oil.
- Apply to your face.
- Let the mask sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Gently wash off with your choice of face wash or scrub.
- Admire your beauty in the mirror and thank the turmeric gods for bestowing you with this heavenly spice.
Besides helping with acne, turmeric does loads more to help with your skin. It helps with stings from ants or bees, reduces swelling, helps with skin rashes, aids in countering anemia, helps treat diarrhea; and much more! A study was publish in the Oxford Academic on how turmeric could push through chemo resistance and aid in treating pancreatic cancer! Another study spoke on how turmeric helped delay the onset of diabetes.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my health, and while there is nothing wrong with my health, I don’t want there to be ever. I’m not talking about being sick with the flu or anything; I’m talking about real diseases. I want to live a long and healthy life.
I’ve heard of all the anti-inflammatory purposes of this powder/oil but I didn’t really dig further in until recently. But as well as aiding in getting rid of sickness, it also can:
- Prevent colon cancer
- Prevent neurological diseases
- Aids in reducing arthritis/joint issues
- Improves liver health
- Combats breast cancer
- Relieves depression/anxiety
- Can aid in destroying leukemia cells; and much more!
The studies show it. The culture proves it. So I finally decided to buy a small jar of it. So now I ask you: Have you ever heard of turmeric? have you ever used turmeric to aid in any beauty or health related issues? Did it work? How did you come across this solution?
Join the discussion!