Mexican is probably my all time favorite ethnic food to eat (except Polish food, of course.) I’m not 100% sure why, but something about tacos, rice and beans, and anything on a tortilla just about makes my day. I often veganize options at Chipotle and Taco Bell (no guilt) and I decided to make some Mexican food at home.
If I had to choose between being extremely fit for the rest of my life or tacos, I’d choose the latter. Tacos are always cheap to buy, delicious to eat, and even better: easy to make! Which brings me to our first dish: vegan tacos!
Vegan Tacos for Two
These vegan tacos are so good that there’s #NOFILTER on these vibrant veggies!! . . . #foodblogger #foodie #veganbased #veganfortheanimals #plantbased #plantpowered #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #veganlife #foodporn #food #veganrecipes #veganfood #veganlifestyle #veganism #vegantacos #tacos #avocado #tomato #🥑 #gardein #cilantro
For the Taco ‘Meat’:
- 2 cups of Gardein Beefless Crumbles
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Crushed Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Vegan Butter ( I used
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 of a yellow onion, diced. (Or more if you prefer.)
This makes enough for 6 small sized tacos!
- Heat a medium sized pan on Medium Heat. Add the vegan butter, crushed garlic, and diced onion. Sauté until the onion is lightly golden.
- Add the Beefless Crumbles and 1/4 cup of the Vegetable Stock. Stir for about a minute, then add the Cumin, Paprika, Salt, and Pepper.
- Let cook, and gradually add the rest of the vegetable stock. You may need more then what I listed. (You may also add more cumin if your desire to.)
- Cook until onions are golden brown and meat is hot and no longer frozen.
Great Taco Add-Ons:
- Avocado: you can cut it into slices, cubes, or turn it into guacamole!
- Tomato: dice it up!
- Onion: yellow or red onions work perfectly!
- Lettuce: Shredded lettuce is best for tacos! However, you can totally deconstruct your tacos into a taco salad, as well.
- Corn: You can either grill it/boil and take it straight off the cob, or pop open the can!
- Beans: Add on the extra protein with either black or red beans!
I hope you enjoyed today’s short post! If you do so happen to make this, please tag me on Social Medias and/or use the hashtag #bftbrecipes
Thank you for reading!