About a week ago, Trey came to me and told me he would like to try to be a vegan for a month to see how it affects his health. He asked me to help him and of course, I said yes. For those of who you may not know, I’ve been a vegan for about 6 months now (yes, I’m still alive!!) and so I know a thing or two about making a nice meal for just about anyone. For Trey’s first day of his challenge, I decided to make him Taco Stuffed Peppers with some roasted veggies. It’s an easy meal that even meat eaters will love and kiddos can enjoy! Since I’ve been trying to focus on eating more whole foods as opposed to packaged products, this recipe was a great way to get back into that habit.
Taco Stuffed Peppers with Roasted Beets and Sweet Potato #veganlife #vegans • • Recipe up on the blog soon! Click the link in my bio to take you there 🙂 ————————————— #tacostuffedpeppers #stuffedpeppers #roastedveggies #beets #roastedbeets #sweetpotato #roastedsweetpotato #oliveoil #saltandpepper #veggies #veganrecipes #vegan #vegainz #🌱 #veganlifestyle #peppers #bellpeppers #homegrowncilantro #cilantro #cumin #tacos #tacotuesday #veggiequeen #foodblogger #blogger #blogging #lifestyleblogger
What You’ll Need: For the Stuffed Peppers
- Two Bell Peppers
- 1 cup of Rice or Quinoa ( I used Brown Rice)
- 1 can of Black Beans – Drained
- 1 cup of Corn ( I used frozen to keep it moist.)
- 1 tbsp. of Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Olive Oil for the Pan
- Cilantro (optional)
- Fresh Lemon Juice (Optional)
- Start by cooking your rice or quinoa according to the directions of the bag or box.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (About 204 C)
- Bring some water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add halved peppers to the water and boil for about 7 minutes or until the flesh of the pepper is soft.
- In a medium-large sized bowl, add in the rice, black beans, corn, and seasonings. Stir until everything is evenly dispersed.
- Stuff the peppers to your hearts content!
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
What You’ll Need: For the Roasted Beets and Sweet Potato
- 2 Beets
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 F (About 204 C)
- Peel and cube both the beets and the sweet potato.
- In a bowl, coat the veggies with olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Toss the veggies onto a oven safe pan with a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the beets and sweet potato are cooked all the way through.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this easy recipe.
What is your favorite food to stuff??