Rainbow Stir Fry with Cilantro Lime Rice

Lately I’ve been all about eliminating packaged products from my diet. Although I’m not anywhere near perfect to getting there, and of course, I still eat packaged products when I’m strapped for time. I mean, do I really want to make dinner when I get off of a full shift? The answer to that question is no. And I haven’t quite mastered meal planning and prepping yet – but I hope to get there with lots of practice and patience.

When cooking lately, I’ve been wanting to get the most color into my dish as possible. I love adding vibrant veggies and experimenting with new things. So when Trey asked for stir-fry, I jumped at the chance to make it in a different way with different veggies and an extra boost of flavor all across the board.

So I want to cut this story time and get right to the recipe – because I know there is nothing people hate more than scrolling through hours of story trying to find the recipe. Here we go : Easy One-Pan Rainbow Stir Fry.

Rainbow Stir Fry w Cilantro Lime Rice.png

What You’ll Need:

For the Stir-Fry-

• 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 yellow bell pepper
  • 1 small head of broccoli
  • 1 jalapeno ( Or more if you like spicier food.)
  • 1 scallion
  • 1/2 of a red onion
  • 1/2 small purple cabbage (also known as red cabbage, but it is indeed purple…)
  • 1 can (160z) black beans (you can also use fresh in the same quantity, just soak overnight.)
  • 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil
  • 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic (or more if you’re like me and you literally put garlic on anything and everything.)

Optional:

• A few shakes of crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper for extra heat.

For the Sauce:

• 4 tbsp. Soy Sauce
  • 2 tbsp. Agave Nectar
  • 1 tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

stir fry.jpg

Directions:

1. First things first, prep the veggies! I like to cut everything up and have it washed before I even take out the pan. This way, everything is ready to go once your pan heats up. (I like to chop the peppers and onions into strips when making a stir fry to make the dish look fuller.)
  2. Take out a pan and turn to medium. Add the coconut oil, sesame oil, and garlic!
  3. Start by adding in the broccoli, with about 1/2 tsp. of water.
  4. Once the broccoli cooks for about 2 minutes, add both bell peppers and red onion. These cook the second longest to broccoli, so made sure to give them enough time. Make sure to keep stirring the pan so nothing sticks to the bottom and the oil evenly disperses.
  5. Now you can add the sauce you made into the pan. You can always add more soy sauce and agave to suit your own taste.
  6. Once the peppers start to soften, add in the purple cabbage and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.. Remember that every stove is different, so I cannot give you an exact time frame.
  7. Towards the end of the dish, add the jalapenos, scallions, and black beans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until cabbage is tender.

stir fy 2.jpg

What You’ll Need:

For the Cilantro Lime Rice:

• 2 cups of white or brown rice
  • juice of one lime
  • 1 bunch of cilantro
  • a few sprigs of parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Cook your rice of choice according to the directions of your package.
  2. When done, fluff the rice and add the lime juice, cilantro, and parsley. Make sure to remove the stems and finely chop the herbs.
  3. Stir and serve.

stir-fry-finished.jpg

And voila! Your super easy, one-pan stir fry is all ready to share and eat! I absolutely loved making (and eating) this meal and Trey is waiting on me to make it again….

If you love veggies and color, then I’m sure you’d love this and I would love to see you make it! If you ever do, be sure to tag me in any social medias.

I really hope you enjoyed this recipe made by me for you! Please leave a comment and interact and I hope to see you on the next post!

xoxo

20 Comments Add yours

1. V says:

This looks really delicious. Love it! May need to give it a try.😊

1. klolszewski says:

I’m so glad you think so! Be sure to let me know if you do try it 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. I am also trying to cut packaged food out of my diet, and this recipe is perfect to add to my meal plan for this weekend! It would be great to have with guests as well! Thank you for sharing it!

1. klolszewski says:

I’m so glad you’re interested and I do hope you try it! Make sure to tag me in any photos if you do 🙂

3. Amanda says:

That looks so good! Will definitely have to try it!!

1. klolszewski says:

Thank you, Amanda! I can’t wait to here what you think of it.

4. This looks delicious. I love stir fry, so I will have to try this one at some point.

1. klolszewski says:

Let me know what you think if you ever try it!

5. Luci Cook says:

This looks really tasty and easy to make. I’ll have to make this soon for my family, they will love it.

6. amayszingblogs says:

Wow what a healthy recipe I love healthy food ❤ thanks for sharing your Rainbow Stir Fry with Cilantro Lime Rice.

7. LauraBelle says:

This looks delicious. It reminds me I haven’t made stir fry in forever. I will try this recipe.

1. klolszewski says:

Let me know if you like it!

8. OK so I always see recipes and tell myself I’m going to try that out but never do – This time I am definitely going to!! I’ve recently gone veggie so this has come at the perfect time and looks so simple. Thanks a lot 🙂

1. klolszewski says:

I’m so glad this has found it’s way to you! Let me know what you think if you ever get the chance to try it out.

9. Yum I love all the colors it is a feat for the eyes and soul. I love the you are using coconut oil to stir fry I will have to try that to up my healthy eats game.

10. makemeupblogs says:

Such a pretty and delicious recipe!

11. My kids would love this. So colorful!

12. Brianna Nicole says:

Great simple recipe. Deff added the ingredients to my shopping list.

13. Heddy says:

I love the colors! I can’t resist eating a ‘pretty’meal!

1. klolszewski says:

Adding color to any dish completely brings it to life. I always try to change up the colors of my veggies to add flavor and presentation!