A Look Inside My Skincare Routine

Skincare is one of the most essential things that you could do for yourself. Often times, we get so caught up trying to keep up with life that we just ignore the quality of our skin. I know here on the blog I talk about skin-care a lot, but that’s because I spent so long not caring about it and dealing with some of the consequences that now I love using my extra time to work on it.

Let’s get real for a second – almost everyone goes through a mental war of not being at peace with themselves. This kind of depression takes a toll on your body, from not washing your hair or keep up with your hygiene at all, to leaving your room a mess and never wearing clean clothes…because why bother anyway? I remember being stuck in the mentality of not caring enough about myself to take care of myself.

Say it with me: Skin care is about taking care of yourself.

And whether we’re stuck in a depression or just too lazy to do it, all of us at some point have lacked in the skin care department.

I can’t tell you the exact day or time that it clicked in my head that I needed to take care of myself. I was so stuck on the media’s definition of beautiful that I didn’t realize I already was. That’s when I decided to take care of myself – to take care of my skin and transform my body into a truly healthy one.

I’ll have to admit, I’ve changed my skincare routine a lot over the past year. I went from using Aveeno – to Tarte- and now to Pacifica. Three different brands with three different results, but I can safely say I’m on my best routine yet.

The biggest reason I stopped using Aveeno – even though it was keeping my skin clean and clear – was that if I stopped using it for even one day, I would break-out immensely. With Pacifica, I haven’t have to worry about that – even on the days that I guilty-as-charged sleep in my makeup. I also want to take the moment to say that I have no problems with Tarte’s Deep Dive Cleansing Gel (which is what I was using prior to Pacifica) besides the price. I really don’t want to spend $25 on a pump of face wash every time I empty a bottle.

If you’ve already read  my Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash Review , than you’ll know that this is my current go-to. Although I had to play around with it when I first bought it – which is what you should do anyway – I can safely say that this is my all time favorite face wash. The formula is formulated without parabens, phthalates, mineral oil and petroleum – all of which are unhealthy for your skin – and of course, is 100% vegan-friendly and cruelty-free. #PETAapproved

I won’t keep you waiting any longer – so let’s cut to the chase. It’s time to introduce my go-to skin care routine!!

IMG_0783

My routine starts off in the morning when I first get out of bed. Many people brush their teeth first – but me- I get right into the zone of a squeaky clean face.

PAC_30275_gem_water_2000xI begin with wiping down my face with Pacifica’s Gem Water Crystal Infused Micellar Cleansing Tonic.  What is tonic? Good question! Tonic is used to remove any last-minute makeup and tone your skin. Why do I use it first thing in the morning? I use it first just in case there’s any makeup leftover on my face from the previous day,  plus I like to freshen up my skin from sleeping. I am so guilty of neglecting my skin at night-time because when I get off of work I really don’t want to do anything else. However, I need to get back into this.

My next step is to submerge my face in warm water and get to washing with Foreo’s LUNA play plus accompanied by Pacifica’s Sea Foam Complete Face Wash.

I am absolutely in love with the way this electric cleansing brush makes my skin feel. My skin is so sensitive, so finding the right spin-brush just hasn’t happened yet. No matter how “soft” the bristles are, it always seems to tear at my skin. When I found Foreo, I decided I wanted to give it a try without going all out for a face brush i may not even like. So I did some digging – and that’s when I found the LUNA play plus. I absolutely LIVE for mine and I 100% recommend it to anyone looking to up their skincare game.

It’s the perfect size for traveling and get’s right into those hard-to-reach crevices (like your nose for example.) I have not had a breakout since I’ve started using it – yes, ladies, even while on my period – so I’m forever thankful for finding this.

Of course, I can’t give it all the credit. It’s so essential to pair a good cleansing brush with a bomb face wash, and I definitely think I made the right decision choosing Pacifica. I like the fact that there is no alcohol or sulfates – and of course, it’s vegan-friendly.

After I pat my face dry, I spray with this Rose Flower Hydro Mist that I found inside of Ulta. This mist is easily the best $10 investment I have EVER made in my whole life. (Okay, that might be exaggerating a teeny bit – but I’m not so sure it is.)

After spraying my whole face, I finish it off with some sunscreen in SPF 50. I work in a labor job, so there are portions of the day that I do spend outside. Sun Screen is so underrated for the job it actually does, and I feel like we maybe need a Sun Screen Awareness campaign going on.

After the sunscreen is dry, I go back in with another spray of the Rose Flower Hydro Mist. I also keep it in my purse to hydrate my face throughout the day, and I must say this simple task has improved the way my skin looks and feels dramatically. #velvetskin

Now that we are transitioning into Fall and Winter, I definitely need to stay on top of my skin hydration game. If your skin is anything like mine, then it’s definitely going to get dried out when the temperature begins to drop. So make sure you incorporate hydrating mists and moisturizer into your skin routine. I also recommend a cocoa butter stick for your lips so that they don’t crack up.

Every one has their own skin care routine with different brands and products and outcomes. Sometimes we have one for each season of the year. So if you’re not seeing the results you want or aren’t keeping up with a routine in general, I definitely recommend taking that jump and buying something new to try.

Be sure to choose a formula without sulfates or funky unpronounceable words in them – try to be more natural when it comes to your skin.

What products do you use??

xoxo

24 Comments Add yours

1. Geraldine says:

Great post! I appreciate the detailed explanations of everything. I only have a toner and gel foam face wash but I never thought of a hydrating mist spray and its importance!

1. klolszewski says:

Thank you for reading, Geraldine! You should definitely invest in some kind of moisturizer for your skin – whether it be lotion or a mist!!

2. Liz Slay says:

I’ve never heard of Pacifica as a brand, but I love skincare products, so I’m doing my research now! I could write a novel about my skincare routine (lol, I’ll give you the Sparknotes’ version now)! I alternate between a gel and foaming cleanser, then apply the usual eye cream/gel and moisturizer. I recently purchased a hydrating mist and I can’t imagine life without it now! I use it day and night, makeup or no makeup (it sets makeup, too). At night, I’ll apply a vitamin C serum just to get rid of old acne scars and signs of aging. Right now, my favorite brand is Mario Badescu, but I’m down to try new brands and experiment! What’s the fun in skincare if you just stick to the same products, rights?

1. klolszewski says:

I love experimenting – but it’s so hard for me because my skin is extremely sensitive. I have to have decently natural products or else my skin gets so rough and cracks. 😦 Let me know if you ever try Pacifica!!

Liked by 1 person

3. April Cooke says:

I love Pacifica! Even their mascara and perfume is amazing!!

1. klolszewski says:

YES! I wear their mascara every. single. day.

4. Sarah says:

I’m really terrible about using product on my face because my skin is so sensitive. After hearing about your issues as well, I’m looking forward to trying these products!

1. klolszewski says:

I really hear you on that, Sarah! Just remember not to give up and ALWAYS experiment with new cleansers.

5. Hammer and a Headband says:

I’ve been wanting to try some new skincare products. I don’t have much of a routine or good products right now. The sea foam face wash sounds magical. Thanks for the ideas!

1. klolszewski says:

Glad you enjoyed! I hope you find your own groove in the skin care world.

6. I have heard of Pacifica but never tried there products. Thanks for sharing.

1. klolszewski says:

Thanks for reading – let me know if you ever decide to try them! They are very lovely 🙂

7. Hailey says:

Love this! I’m always looking for new skin care products to try. I’ll have to check these out!

1. klolszewski says:

Let me know if you do and how they work for you! Thanks for reading, Hailey 🙂

8. Nkem says:

The Luna skin cleanser changed my skin since I started using it in February! I love it. I also really value skincare because my skin is always an indicator of what’s going on with me internally – whether I’m eating right, or super stressed, or have hormonal changes happening. Skincare is indeed self-care!

1. klolszewski says:

Loving this comment!! I absolutely agree that your skin care is the show & tell of what’s going on with you on the inside. I can always tell if something I ate was the wrong thing or if I’m too stressed by show of my skin.

9. Amanda says:

Wow! Pacifica sounds amazing. Right now I use bareMinerals but it’s not helping with my acne. So I’m looking to try something new!

1. klolszewski says:

If you see it’s not working for you than it’s DEFINITELY time to switch it up!! I hope you find something that works for you 🙂

10. Cortney Johnson says:

Thanks for sharing your routine. I always like to hear what others use and how. I use the foreo as well and love it. It has made a difference in my skin. I have never tried the rose water but keep hearing people talk about it.

1. klolszewski says:

I’m SO glad to see someone else using Foreo and seeing results – I know I’m not the only one!!

A hydrating mist is so much more essential than I realized, and I definitely recommend that you find one that’s good for you 🙂

11. I totally agree!!! I’m huge on skin care too since I wasn’t one of the lucky ones to have clear skin growing up. It’s been a challenge, but I’m finally to a place where it’s healthy from the inside out. I’m always looking for new ways to improve my routine, so thank you for sharing!!

1. klolszewski says:

I definitely feel you – but I was a lucky one to not hit acne until about a year ago. (i am 17 now.) I watched my friends struggle with it at 10 years old and I could never relate to them. Even now, I rarely have an acne day until Aunt Flow is in town…

I hope you try out some of these products and let me know if they help you!!

Liked by 1 person

12. Cherie says:

Great post. Sounds like you have a simple yet effective skin care routine.

1. klolszewski says:

The perfect summary – thanks for reading!